Digital Paid Media Support
Job description: Digital Paid Media Support
BASK Digital Media is seeking to fill the Media Support position to set up, manage, and optimize digital paid advertising for clients. The role will focus on analytics, trafficking, pacing, and reporting.
As a Media Support you will learn and become a master in 7+ different advertising platforms. Through BASK’s on-boarding process, you will be trained through 1 on 1 meetings, various presentations, and practice set ups over the first few months of working at BASK. The training program will teach you how to advertise through multiple different social platforms, including Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, X, and more. In addition to social advertising, you will also learn the ins and outs of all Google products, up to 3 DSPs, ad servers and high-level reporting technology. Within each platform you will be trained on how to advertise using different types of creatives such as display, video, native, and search advertising.
The Media Support training creates well-rounded advertising experts with the skills to execute the most effective digital advertising campaigns.
People describe you as having strong attention to detail, and you are highly analytical. You pride yourself in high-quality work. You are inquisitive and will often set out on your own to learn new things without asking for guidance. You are excellent with numbers and stay organized when juggling many different tasks. You are a self-starter who takes initiative and is comfortable working with a team or by yourself on various tasks.
*Please include a cover letter (required to be considered) and a resume.
Candidates selected to proceed with an interview will participate in a 15-minute pre-interview assessment.
Work Location: Candidates need to permanently live in the San Diego, CA metro area. Our staff enjoy the benefit of a hybrid work schedule. Many of the work days are remote with up to 3 designated days per week in-office as well as quarterly staff outings. Our office is at 225 Broadway in San Diego, in the heart of San Diego’s Gaslamp District.
Type: Full Time Non-Exempt
Compensation: $24/hr – $30/hr
- Pace delivery of campaigns, ensuring campaigns are spending budget effectively as well as on track to hit campaign goals and KPIs.
- Analyze advertising data to identify outliers in performance, delivery, tracking, and pacing
- Own the analysis of digital advertising campaign performance and be able to recommend possible optimizations in internal-facing memos
- Write concise and easy to understand client-facing summaries that provide analysis of each digital advertising effort
- Responsible for setting up ad campaigns to achieve specific KPIs in Facebook Ads Manager, X Ads, Google Ads, Campaign Manager 360, Verizon Media DSP, LinkedIn Advertising and more
- Traffic creative into each platform upon launch of a campaign and all subsequent creative changes thereafter
- Create client-facing screenshot decks after campaign launch or creative refresh
- Support innovative research to enhance our strategy and value proposition to client projects and position BASK as a leader of digital advertising in the industry
- Experience working with digital media platforms or experience in a marketing analytics role -OR- class project experience running a digital paid media campaign
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, or Political Science
- An interest in working in the fast-paced world of advocacy, public affairs, and ballot measures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at one time with competing deadlines
- Can-do attitude, often the work hours are atypical and centered heavily around political events (i.e. elections, legislative sessions, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs (particularly Excel) is required
- Ability to create, edit and format documents and presentations according to company standards and within stated deadlines
- Ability to take direction, as well as work independently or as part of a team on projects as assigned
- Willingness to learn and try new things in a very fast-paced energized environment
- Proven strategic thinking skills and pride in your work
- Prior work/internship with a digital advertising or PR agency
- Experience working within Google Ads and/or any ad server
- Experience working within Campaign Manager 360, Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter Ads, The Trade Desk, or any other DSP
- Solid conceptual understanding of the political process in California and the United States or a passion to be involved and learn more
Success in this role will be measured in the following ways:
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the digital platforms
- Ability to analyze campaign results and investigate irregularities
- Ability to draw conclusions from the data and to be able to make strategic suggestions that will make each digital advertising campaign better
- Hybrid WFH/in-office work schedule
- Competitive salary
- 27 days of PTO (10 flexible + 17 national holidays) for employees with less than 5-years of tenure
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401K with company match opportunity
- Office snacks and drinks
- Quarterly staff outings (baseball games, happy hours, etc.)
Based in San Diego, our team includes strategic digital advisers for public affairs efforts, ballot initiatives, corporate advocacy, as well as legislative and issue advocacy. BASK understands that in this industry we must move fast when news breaks. We have the experience to know what works but also the passion to learn and stay at the cutting edge of the newest technologies. From developing digital communication strategies, building websites, designing engaging content, managing social media, executing email communication campaigns, and running targeted digital advertising, BASK delivers solutions for the winning edge.
Our people are what set us apart and are the reason that it all works. We cultivate a culture of teamwork through positive attitudes and hard work with a sprinkle of friendly competition.
Our core values:
1) Teamwork and positive attitudes are contagious
2) An inquisitive spirit drives a passion to be on the cutting edge
3) Pride in high quality work
4) Honesty and integrity