Digital Marketing Account Support
Job description: Digital Marketing Account Support
BASK Digital Media is seeking a motivated individual for the Account Support role who will support day-to-day operational workflows.
As a member of the Account Team, you’ll be heavily involved in the operational hub of high-profile digital marketing campaigns and interface directly with every department at BASK. In this role, you will be trained in and work hands on in Facebook, Instagram, X, LinkedIn, email marketing platforms, website CMS, CRMs, broadcast text messaging platforms, project management software, webhooks, and more. You will work with our Executive Leadership, Directors, and Account Team to execute client deliverables.
The training for the Account Support role will develop the employee into a well-rounded marketer with comprehensive technical skills in all of the platforms above as well as cultivate professional communication capabilities and a creative eye.
People describe you as having a strong attention to detail and you are highly organized. You pride yourself in high quality work and are solution oriented. You are inquisitive and will often set out on your own to learn new things without asking for guidance. You also have a creative side with strong writing skills and enjoy being asked to think outside of the box. You thrive under pressure and stay organized when juggling many different tasks with conflicting timelines.
*Please include a cover letter (required to be considered) and a resume.
The interview process includes 3 steps:
1) An interview with company leadership
2) A written and creative brainstorming assessment
3) A final interview with future teammates
Work Location: Candidates need to permanently live in the San Diego, CA metro area. Our staff enjoy the benefit of a hybrid work schedule. Many of the work days are remote with up to 3 designated days per week in-office as well as quarterly staff outings. Our office is at 225 Broadway in San Diego, in the heart of San Diego’s Gaslamp District.
Type: Full Time Non-Exempt
Compensation: $24/hr – $30/hr
- Prepare account management-related documents such as campaign powerpoints, status memos and other client communications and correspondence.
- Document discussions during client meetings and conference calls with clear details and action-items.
- Copywriting for campaign creative including email marketing, paid ads, and social media
- QA client deliverables like graphics, ads, websites, and emails for accuracy
- Assist in brainstorming creative ideas for campaign digital content
- Schedule and post social media content
- Send email marketing campaigns and manage data flows
- Compile email content into email sending platforms
- Send broadcast text marketing campaigns and manage data flows
- Compile broadcast text content into sending platforms
- Monitor client emails and propose solutions to campaign lead
- Update text and simple images content on websites
- Conduct research on new digital trends and platforms
- Campaign opposition monitoring
- A background in politics, government, public affairs, corporate advocacy, or legislative advocacy, which can include a degree in political science, coursework, or volunteer or internship for a campaign or elected official
- A business or marketing degree -AND- marketing work experience or a marketing internship
- Proven experience with brainstorming topics for and then creating multiple forms of marketing materials (both long form and short form) using limited resources
- A passion for working in the fast-paced world of advocacy, public affairs, and ballot measures
- Hyper attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Creative thinking
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable and quick at learning new software and digital platforms
- Clear and detailed communications with team members and clients
- Proactive and can-do attitude
Success in this role will be measured in the following ways:
- Ability to quickly learn new platforms and retain instructions and information
- Ability to comprehend and draw conclusions and action items from client emails and calls
- Ability to proactively anticipate the next needed deliverable or anticipate client’s questions without waiting or being assigned tasks
- Ability to prove a very high attention to detail with limited mistakes
- Ability to draw conclusions using information from prior training and explain your thought process and why you drew a specific conclusion
- Ability to understand the issues and political landscape in each assigned account and how that impacts day-to-day account work
- Ability to compile clear communications (both written and verbal) to internal and external teams
- Ability to think creatively in problem-solving, trouble-shooting, and creating campaign content
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks after about 4 months in the role once formal training has concluded.
- Hybrid WFH/in-office work schedule
- Competitive salary
- 27 days of PTO (10 flexible + 17 national holidays) for employees with less than 5-years of tenure
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401K with company match opportunity
- Office snacks and drinks
- Quarterly staff outings (baseball games, happy hours, etc.)
Based in San Diego, our team includes strategic digital advisers for public affairs efforts, ballot initiatives, corporate advocacy, as well as legislative and issue advocacy. BASK understands that in this industry we must move fast when news breaks. We have the experience to know what works but also the passion to learn and stay at the cutting edge of the newest technologies. From developing digital communication strategies, building websites, designing engaging content, managing social media, executing email communication campaigns, and running targeted digital advertising, BASK delivers solutions for the winning edge.
Our people are what set us apart and are the reason that it all works. We cultivate a culture of teamwork through positive attitudes and hard work with a sprinkle of friendly competition.
Our core values:
1) Teamwork and positive attitudes are contagious
2) An inquisitive spirit drives a passion to be on the cutting edge
3) Pride in high quality work
4) Honesty and integrity