BASK Digital Media is seeking to fill the position of a Digital Designer, working within the Design and Development Team with the Head Designer to design and produce engaging display ads, websites, social media posts, motion graphics, and video content.
People describe you as open-minded and you learn from feedback. You are able to move quickly and perform well under tight deadlines while keeping a positive attitude. You are inquisitive and will often set out on your own to learn new design styles and technologies.
*Please include a cover letter (required), resume and a link to your portfolio. Please highlight your digital creative experience like display ads, websites, and social content.
Department: Design and Development
- Collaborating with the Account Team & Head Designer to design visually appealing social media graphics, banner ads, branding documents, and other graphic design deliverables
- Design and produce motion graphics, GIFs, and video ads (if applicable)
- Design desktop & mobile websites, landing pages, & microsites
- Build out of individual display ads into 10+ formats with different specifications
- QA’ing development and design projects
- Manage time and prioritize daily workload
- Build out of HTML5 ads (if applicable)
- Provide design guiding eye, strategy, and review across departments
- Possible infrequent travel for on-site photo shoots
- Keep up with industry news, design trends & strategies
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite CC including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe InDesign
- Can-do attitude, the work hours can be atypical as our work is centered heavily around political events (i.e. primaries, general election, debates, rallies, etc.)
- Ability to perform well under tight deadlines
- Ability to grow and learn from feedback and design edits
- Has great attention to detail
- Excellent communication capabilities
- Ability to multi-task different projects
- Desire to learn new skills in a very fast-paced energized environment
- Experience in Adobe XD, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, HTML/CSS, and Google Web Designer
- Prior work/internship with a digital advertising or PR agency
- Solid conceptual understanding of the political process in the United States and a passion to be involved and learn more
Type: Full Time
Work Location: 225 Broadway Ave in San Diego, in the heart of San Diego’s Gaslamp District. The office environment is relaxed, open and collaborative.