BASK Digital Media is seeking to fill the role of Digital Designer who will work within our growing Design and Development Team. Working closely with the Head Designer, the Digital Designer will design and produce engaging display ads, websites, social media posts, motion graphics, and video content.
People describe you as open-minded and you learn from feedback. You are able to move quickly and perform well under tight deadlines while keeping a positive attitude. You are inquisitive and will often set out on your own to learn new design styles and technologies.
*Please include a cover letter (required to be considered), as well as a resume and a link to your portfolio. Please highlight your digital creative experience like display ads, websites, and social content.
Department: Design and Development
- Production and building out assets based on an already-established design. For example, referencing a client-approved design and reformatting it into many different banner ad sizes, social media sizes, or video that adhere to set specifications.
- Collaborate with the Account team & senior designers to design visually appealing social media graphics, banner ads, branding assets, and other graphic design deliverables from start to finish
- Opportunity to conceptualize our client’s brands from scratch including logos, color scheme, iconography, graphic treatments, etc.
- Opportunity to design and produce motion graphics, GIFs, and video ads
- Opportunity to design responsive websites, landing pages, & microsites while collaborating with website developers and Account Team
- Opportunity to design and produce HTML5 ads
- QAing development and design projects
- Provide design guiding eye, strategy, and review across internal departments
- Possible infrequent travel for on-site photoshoots
- Opportunity to conceptualize and collaborate for BASK branding materials including photography, video, printables, presentations, and other marketing materials.
- Manage time and prioritize daily workload
- Keep up with industry news, design trends, and strategies and integrate new ideas into design deliverables
- 1-4 years of experience in design
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite CC including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe InDesign
- Experience designing banner ads and/or social graphics
- An interest in working in the fast-paced world of advocacy, public affairs, and ballot measures
- Can-do attitude, the work hours can be atypical as our work is centered heavily around political events (i.e. legislative sessions, elections, etc.)
- Ability to perform well under tight deadlines
- Ability to grow and learn from feedback and design edits
- Has great attention to detail
- Excellent communication capabilities
- Ability to multi-task different projects
- Desire to learn new skills in a very fast-paced energized environment
- Experience in Adobe XD, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Audition, HTML/CSS, and Final Cut Pro
- Prior work/internship with a digital advertising or PR agency
- Solid conceptual understanding of the political process in the United States and a passion to be involved and learn more
Success in this role will be measured in the following ways:
- Ability to quickly learn both client guidelines and ad platform guidelines per project and adjust designs accordingly
- Ability to incorporate multiple rounds of feedback quickly and with a good attitude
- Ability to take a concept from a client and expand on it to create a design that works conceptually, technically, and visually
- Adapting quickly to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to apply and learn from other points of view
- Self-reliant in problem-solving during tight deadlines
- Ability to apply feedback and learnings from one project to others while still keeping each project unique
Type: Full Time
- Hybrid WFH/in-office work schedule
- Competitive salary
- 20 days of PTO (10 flexible + 10 national holidays)
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401K with company match opportunity
- Office snacks and drinks (cold brew on tap, beer on tap, drink fridge, snacks, etc)
- Quarterly staff outings (baseball games, happy hours, etc.)
Work Location: Our office is at 225 Broadway Ave in San Diego, in the heart of San Diego’s Gaslamp District. We have been in a solely work-from-home format since March of 2020 due to COVID. In the future, we look forward to being able to welcome staff back to the office in a safe and hybrid way.
Based in San Diego, our team includes strategic digital advisers for public affairs efforts, ballot initiatives, corporate advocacy, as well as legislative and issue advocacy. BASK understands that in this industry we must move fast when news breaks. We have the experience to know what works but also the passion to learn and stay at the cutting edge of the newest technologies. From developing digital communication strategies, building websites, designing engaging content, managing social media, executing email communication campaigns, and running targeted digital advertising, BASK delivers solutions for the winning edge.