Digital Advertising Support
BASK Digital Media is seeking to fill the Digital Advertising Support position to work within the Digital Advertising Team to set up, manage, and optimize advertising for clients. The role will focus on analytics, trafficking, pacing, and reporting. You will learn and master multiple digital advertising platforms; working directly within 7+ different platforms.
People describe you as having strong attention to detail and you are highly analytical. You pride yourself in high-quality work. You are inquisitive and will often set out on your own to learn new things without asking for guidance. You are excellent with numbers and stay organized when juggling many different tasks. You are a self-starter who takes initiative and is comfortable working with a team or by yourself on various tasks.
*Please include a cover letter (required to be considered) and a resume.
- Pace delivery of campaigns, ensuring campaigns are spending budget effectively as well as on track to hit campaign goals and KPIs.
- Analyze advertising data to identify outliers in performance, delivery, tracking, and pacing
- Own the analysis of digital advertising campaign performance and be able to recommend possible optimizations in internal-facing memos
- Write concise and easy to understand client-facing summaries that provide analysis of each digital advertising effort
- Responsible for setting up ad campaigns to achieve specific KPIs in Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter Ads, Google Ads, Campaign Manager 360, Verizon Media DSP, LinkedIn Advertising and more
- Traffic creative into each platform upon launch of a campaign and all subsequent creative changes thereafter
- Create client-facing screenshot decks after campaign launch or creative refresh
- Support innovative research to enhance our strategy and value proposition to client projects and position BASK as a leader of digital advertising in the industry
- Experience working with digital media platforms or experience in a marketing analytics role
- Prior work/internship with a digital advertising or PR agency
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, or Political Science
- An interest in working in the fast-paced world of advocacy, public affairs, and ballot measures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at one time with competing deadlines
- Can-do attitude, often the work hours are atypical and centered heavily around political events (i.e. elections, legislative sessions, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs (particularly Excel) is required
- Ability to create, edit and format documents and presentations according to company standards and within stated deadlines
- Ability to take direction, as well as work independently or as part of a team on projects as assigned
- Willingness to learn and try new things in a very fast-paced energized environment
- Proven strategic thinking skills and pride in your work
- Experience working within Google Ads and/or any ad server
- Experience working within Campaign Manager 360, Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter Ads, The Trade Desk, or any other DSP
- Solid conceptual understanding of the political process in the United States or a passion to be involved and learn more
Success in this role will be measured in the following ways:
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the digital platforms
- Ability to analyze campaign results and investigate irregularities
- Ability to draw conclusions from the data and to be able to make strategic suggestions that will make each digital advertising campaign better
Type: Full Time
- Hybrid WFH/in-office work schedule
- Competitive salary
- 20 days of PTO (10 flexible + 10 national holidays)
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401K with company match opportunity
- Office snacks and drinks (cold brew on tap, beer on tap, drink fridge, snacks, etc)
- Quarterly staff outings (baseball games, happy hours, etc.)
Work Location: Our office is at 225 Broadway Ave in San Diego, in the heart of San Diego’s Gaslamp District. We have been in a solely work-from-home format since March of 2020 due to COVID. In the future, we look forward to being able to welcome staff back to the office in a safe and hybrid way.
Based in San Diego, our team includes strategic digital advisers for public affairs efforts, ballot initiatives, corporate advocacy, as well as legislative and issue advocacy. BASK understands that in this industry we must move fast when news breaks. We have the experience to know what works but also the passion to learn and stay at the cutting edge of the newest technologies. From developing digital communication strategies, building websites, designing engaging content, managing social media, executing email communication campaigns, and running targeted digital advertising, BASK delivers solutions for the winning edge.